View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013   #71
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans - 2.4 Million Cap Carryover for 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It's kinda like rotating the purchase of your family vehicles while planning to upgrade to a newer or bigger house as the kids grow up, balancing with family vacations and all that stuffs; knowing that it's not a good idea to rely on future wage increase to make the decisions (and a possible lay-off).
While my personal income may suffer due to a lay off, NFL teams will continue to get paid even if amount is basically same (cap) annually. I recently moved from a 2008 to 2012 auto and kept same payment for twice the car. Due to high mileage (work) that I no longer have, I am now investing in an auto I can keep for many years. Did the same with my son's car and lowered his payment & insurance costs. So if investments are wise, Texans can replace older, higher dollars with cheaper, younger contracts. This is why I look at our cap situation differently than some.