View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013   #26
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69966 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What the hell did we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Remember, they still have $2 million of dead money on the cap by cutting Walter. My point is that a salary reduction would reduce his cap number, but still have vet WR on the team. That would be necessary even if the Texans go WR early (which I agree they should do).

Forget for a moment what you feel Walter is worth. The Texans have zip behind him at the moment. Posey is rehabbing an Achilles tear. Martin is a slot receiver (and not a good one). Jean has 6 career catches. So you either find a vet WR as good or better than Walter. Or get Walter to take a lesser deal. Who is the vet WR that is going to take $2.5 million (or less) that is more accomplished than Walter?
I would cut A.Smith and probably W.Smith. And Probably R.Smith kinda like they did with the Browns (Kris/Chris) LOL

Seriously, I would cut Wade/A. Smith and Walter. With that Savings I would try to sign Levitre in FA and a cheap vet like Danario Alexander/Riley Cooper type WR. Then draft Datone Jones in the 1st and Ryan Swope in the 2nd.

Then start filling needs at NT/RT/LB in the 3rd rd. There's great value in the 3rd rd this yr. I would try to get three 3rd's to fill holes. Using the Texans 3rd,the comp pick and using a 4/5 and 6th (They should have 2 extra 6th rd comp picks) to trade back into the 3rd rd. That should alow the Texans to be able to fill most of the holes with quality players.

BoB/Rick/Gary wont do this because he's too conservative and would rather keep his own players, rather than taking a chance on guys in FA. If he doesn't take a few risks the Colts will be passing the Texans up soon in the AFC South standings. The Colts some how managed to get their QB (Luck) and have 44 mil in cap space. The Texans ? Oh well as fans there's nothing we can do. The Texans are run the way they are, and that's not going to change any time soon.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote