View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013   #23
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What the hell did we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
His pay this year just isn't likely to be anywhere near the production you expect from having a #2 WR. Not saying I am sold on anyone behind him, but realistically we'd likely be getting the same production for way less. I'm also a fan of WR in the first fwiw.
Remember, they still have $2 million of dead money on the cap by cutting Walter. My point is that a salary reduction would reduce his cap number, but still have vet WR on the team. That would be necessary even if the Texans go WR early (which I agree they should do).

Forget for a moment what you feel Walter is worth. The Texans have zip behind him at the moment. Posey is rehabbing an Achilles tear. Martin is a slot receiver (and not a good one). Jean has 6 career catches. So you either find a vet WR as good or better than Walter. Or get Walter to take a lesser deal. Who is the vet WR that is going to take $2.5 million (or less) that is more accomplished than Walter?