Thread: OB's mock v.1
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: OB's mock v.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
I hope you guys are right on Newton. I would love it if he can lock the Rt spot down for the foreseeable future. I saw a lot of good and bad watching him last year. Maybe the bad was due to his knee being tweaked???

Given that Schaub is our guy for the next several years, personally, I feel like we need to do all we can to give him a clean pocket. It seems to me that a lot of his bad INTs come from trying to get rid of the ball quickly when under duress. If we keep the pocket clear then maybe most of those pick 6s go away as well. I also contribute Arians slightly off year to a downgrade in run blocking.
Newton was making great progress before he got hurt. I'm worried about knee injuries period, so I am concerned that he can return to form. Playing on a knee that eventually needed major surgery is also a big concern.

I think drafting a potentially dominate RT, or bringing in a FA, would do for the defense what Jj Watt has done for the defense.

I like Newton & hope the best for him, but that OL needs to perform at another level. Winston's strong side run blocking, with Duane Brown like pass pro...... a tall order, I know.