View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013   #53
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Matt Schaub Compendium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Well, Matt Schaub was on the way to lead the Texans to the SB in 2011, too ... until he suffered that injury.
Don't you think the Texans would have beaten the Ravens with Schaub instead of the rookie?

Can Schaub carry a team?
Heck, NO!

Can the Texans go to the SB with Schaub?
Yes, they have a good chance with him if all the pieces come together (like the Ravens did for Flacco, and like the Pats did for Brady - their defenses played well in the play-offs.)

The better question is does the Texans get value out of the money they spent on Schaub last year?

Did the Broncos get it's worth from Manning?
No, he performed at least as poorly as Schaub did in their play-off loss.

Did the Pats get it from Brady? No, they didn't either.
Brady didn't play well, especially considering the money.

You have the same amount of cap space as other teams to build a football team.
Those that spend more on their QB should expect better results.

If you dig deep into all the contracts; considering the cost of acquisition (draft, trade), the value of the contract, the real money depending on the year of the contract, the hidden cost, the year of service (a younger guy may earn a little less, but only because he might be only in his second contract - Kelvin Kolb for example.)

Look at this long list: Eli Manning, Carlson Palmer, Tony Romo, Mark Sanchez, Jay Cutler, Matt Stafford, Sam Bradford, Phillip Rivers, and on and on.
Not very many team get more value out of their QB as the Texans did with Schaub.

But the rest of the guys had to contribute. We pay a lot of money for those other guys; they need to figure into the blame game as well.
The Texans are tied to Schaub thru the 2016 season. Do you see him getting better or worse as time goes on?

If you see him getting better I understand. Although I haven't seen a QB that had great footwork (Schaub 2009-2010) fall off the cliff in terms of footwork suddenly regain his lost footwork. But hey, there's a 1st time for everything. (I hope you're right)

As far as all of the other stuff, Brady has 3 rings he deserves his $$$$. Manning was one dumb play by a S from reaching an above avg chance at reaching a SB. Schaub? Bottom line is when was the last time a QB with Schaub's skills won a SB? Dilfer/Johnson 10-15 yrs ago?

Your fandom says Schaub is good enough to win a SB. (Which I respect and hope your right) The type of QB Schaub is and his medical issues have me thinking Schab isn't the man for the job.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote