View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Blocking Rule Campaign: Cushing vs Kubiak vs Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
sigh the NFL might as well take the pads off and put pink neon shirts on them and just play flag football at this point.

Cushing just needs to get back to work and deal with the rigors of the NFL.
I think they're turning Cushing's words into something it's not, or Cushing is extrapolating from his experience & coming to a poor conclusion.

I'm not saying this, because the Texans teach cut-blocking as part of their system. I just don't know of many people who get hurt this way. The horse collar.... seemed like they made a pretty good case for it, rolling onto the back of the QB's legs.... I got it. But I'm just not seeing players getting hurt by legal blocks.

Of course, if the Texans didn't teach it I wouldn't be concerned, but my opinion would be the same.