View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mid-Late round DT/NT prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Are you questioning me about Logan in regards to draft grade, potential fit here or just as a player in general?

Looks like a very solid football player to me from athletic program, hand picked all the way from High School in LA (116 tackles, 30 for loss, 15 sacks as a senior). He measured 6'2" 309 @ the combine. He has plus hand size 10 1/4" & arm length 34" for a DT. His best fit to me is as an athletic nose in a 3-4, fits profile. Good character, work ethic, clean & clubhouse fit coming from a very stout run defense. Very similar player to Earl now with more upside & Earl was selected in the 3rd.

He has led his highly touted teammates Montgomery & Mingo in tackles in 2012 & 2011, like them he is only a Junior so this also is added upside value. Montgomery & Mingo get all the press because of sack numbers & tackles for loss, but if Texans want to shore up interior of run defense he is a talent to take seriously & with surrounding cast he does have more penetrating ability than what Texans currently have for nose position.

Cannot see him slipping out of the 3rd round, could even see a team taking him in second though I would pass & wait for better value in third.
Also I think he could add 10-12 lbs if needed.