View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013   #108
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57758 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What I am looking at, feedback appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
By far the weakest & most pathetic excuse for starting an underperforming wr w/ slim to no play making ability. So why doesnt every NFL team start at least 1 of their best blocking wr's as opposed to a playmaker...maybe because it only makes sense in Kubiak's world.
Well if you are a run first team and there are already 4 solid receiving options you better at least be able to run block.

Quote:
Thank GOODNESS the owner has once again stepped in to guide Kubiak in what he needs to do, get a playmaking WR opposite of AJ, to get this team moving in the right direction because some how even some fans are starting to foolishly believe Walter is "good" & deserves to start simply because he can block. Talk about something looking stupid.
If you are refering to me you are making a big assumption.

Quote:
As far as Mitchell, he still produced the most amongst the 2. Ok, so he had more snaps according you(a link wouldve been nice but I trust you) but started less & it still equated to him being the most productive & obviously Wade felt the same because he put him in the game more over Cody. So, are you still questioning Wade? After all Wade is the good personel guy/ professional DC & if you are questioning him...well by your admission that is quite laughable.
For the bold-There is this new thing called a search engine. It's really cool, all you do is type in what you are looking for and it gives you links that match what you are looking for. Since you obviously don't know what this is or how to use it I'll help you out. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Now back to Cody. Like I said several times. If Mitchell could do the basics he would of been the starter two years ago. You cant start a guy at NT who can't stop the run. That is his primary job. The reason he (Mitchell) played more snaps is because he is a better penetrator therefore was the better option on passing downs.

There is no reason to question Wade for doing that. Its the smart thing to do. To think otherwise is laughable. The fact that he (Mitchell) is a better option on passing downs yet still can't beat out an "average" player like Cody for the starting job (who is really nothing but a smart player who knows his gap responsibility and holds up IMO below average against the run) should prove that Mitchell isn't good enough to be the full time starter. I can't see why that is so hard to grasp.

Quote:
to say, we will continue to agree to disagree on both Mitchell & let's go ahead & add Walter. Best blocker deserves to be a starter...wow. Only in Houston.
Seriously? Did I ever say I agree with that philosophy? NOPE, SURE DIDN'T!!! Just saying that is how it is. Wow only on a message board.