Thread: OB's mock v.1
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OB's mock v.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
Given this draft has terrific depth and that fact the we have some significant holes due to injury and FA, I'm guessing we re-sign Quin, lose Barwin and kick Reed inside which I think is a good move. Given that, I propose the following:

Round 1

Trade down with either Buff, NYJ or AZ. Im hoping that one of these teams bypass a QB in rd 1 and are willing to jump to 27 to grab the QB they want. They are numerous teams at the top of the 2nd that can use QBs, hopefully this will create a demand for our spot. It's a good thing we are picking before NE as we all know they love to trade back and add picks. Trading back would allow us to add an extra 3rd

Round 2

Jamie Collins OLB & either Menelik Watson, Kyle Long or Terron Armstead at RT

Barwin's a FA and Im not sure we can retain him. Collins gives us an explosive edge rusher and he also has the ability to play inside (he was a former DB)

Given Newton's knee surgery, I move RT ahead of WR at this point. The right side of our OL was a weakness last year, I would be happy adding any of these RTs in rd 2

Round 3

Ryan Swope WR
Brandon Williams NT
Aaron Dobson WR

Swope has terrific speed, is a good blocker in the running game, and he's a great runner after the catch

Brandon Williams is the big NT we've all wanted

Aaron Dobson is a bigger receiver that runs great routes and has great hands

Round 4

David Queensbury OG

More help for the OL

Round 5

David Bass OLB

Small school guy that has terrific pass rush skills, 56 TFLs and 39.5 sack during his career

Round 6

Earl Wolf S

Demps and Keo SUCK!

Round 7

Michael Williams TE

Big blocker that has pretty good hands
My attempt to provide positive feedback- FWIW

Newton had minor surgery so as to come back stronger & more solid than ever plus experienced . I think RT is locked down, gotta trust them on this one however taking OT off the board in first round is never a bad idea especially if he's BPA. I would stay away from trading up or down as a mock draft is concerned it can be quite confusing as well creates wrong message to newbies expecting unrealistic results.

I really like Dobson he would be a project, like Jacoby was in 3rd but he has better core strength & hands.

Queensburry looks like a good ZBS Tackle who could kick inside to LG. excellent pick.

Like Bass kid as well. Core special teams player adds depth with upside to develop.

Not sure I would wait until 6th rd to address secondary? Impending free agency could really force Texans hand.

Williams in 7th? He'll yeah, but did I miss something like a broken Tibia in a pick-up basketball game or something? Dude would be a starting blocking TE & really increase pocket pro for Matt.

Overall I like your eye for talent.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote