View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Flacco contract a joke?...These folks make a good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
The column is a shot in the dark- one doesn't need a made up stat to see that Flacco's regular season was different than his post-season.

Maybe its because I am a fan of the Ravens, but I cannot understand the lack of respect for Joe as a QB around the league.

Des he throw for 5000 yds? No. Does he throw for 50 touchdowns? No. Does he win? Yes.

The whole "luck" thing is pretty weak argument also; was it lucky when Montana trew a ball high in the endzone and Dwight Clark caught it? Was it luck when Rothlisberger tripped up the Colt player afer Bettis fumbled vs Indy in te playoff game? Wasit luck when Franco Harris caught the deflection for the "Immaculate Reception"?

As Sam Snead once said, "I'd rather be lucky than good"

If you can't understand it, then it's out of homerism and that's all I can really give you to help you understand.

Did Flacco step his game up to the next level in the post season? Definitely.

Does one post season make him elite? Hell no. Only NFL newb fans and the classic folks that are prisoners of the moment will buy into that.

Flacco has never been a top tier QB in the NFL. Maybe his post season run was the start of big things to come and him jumping into that next tier, but as of right now one post season does not indicate that. It indicates the potential for it to happen, but that is all for now.

Flacco has been slightly above average for the most part though. No one in their right mind would have called him elite before the post season, so to even insinuate it now after 4 games of great play is pretty over the top.

This whole idea that Flacco is this great winner isn't exactly true either when he went to a winning team from the start and his team was pretty much winning in spite of Flacco for years instead of because of Flacco. Most Steeler fans laughed for years at the Ravens because they were only getting the best of them mainly because of the difference in QB's between Flacco and Big Ben.

The only reason I think you are having a hard time understanding this is because you're a die hard Ravens fan, and that 'art is pretty obvious to me.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote