Thread: OB's mock v.1
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013   #7
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OB's mock v.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't like this thinking. The right side was a weakness, so we'll put a rookie in at that spot?

It wasn't a talent issue, you can look at Newton & see he has the talent to play RT. It was an inexperience & having to deal with inexperience on his left as well.

I'm all for improving the pedigree of our OL, don't get me wrong. I just don't like the reason given for going with a RT. Give me a 1st rounder on the OL who expects to win & I'm all for it.

But think Duane Brown's rookie year before you start thinking all our problems are cured.

Other than that, I like your mock & your thought process.
I know Brown struggled as a rookie but he played LT which is more difficult and every guy has their own learning curve. Remember how well Charles Spencer played as a rookie before his injury? I don't dislike Newton and think he has talent. I'd love to have him fill the swing T.
I also don't like our depth at OT. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to sign a quality FA but I'm not sure we have the money.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote