View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013   #39
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXAg14 View Post
I agree 100%. I was just stating some bonuses if the Texans were to draft Swope. It's fun to see players from your alma mater make it to the pros, but when they play for your NFL team it's even better. I just think the kids got all the right tools, has a great attitude, blocks well (something the Texans need for Foster) and on top of it all loves the Texans.
I'll be the 1st to admit that I underestimated Swope. Im not an aggie fan, but I wouldn't mind seeing this kid in Houston now that his combine has shown physical tools that he possesses. I was surprised to say the least. Unfortunately, I believe many others took note as well & unless the Texans reached for him in round 2 I can't see him making it to us in round 3 were it seems he should be drafted. If he does, I wouldn't be disappointed w/ him coming to Houston.

Im not sure if him being an aggie won't help. I know it shouldn't & we want to believe it won't & shouldnt, but I 100% believe Bullock was overdrafted last season. There were just as good if not better options that the Texans could've waited on such as Tucker, Walsh, & Zuerlien but the Texans felt the need to draft Bullock w/ a 5th rounder which was at least 1 round too early IMO. Maybe I'm wrong but there seemed to be a little bit biased aggie love going on w/ that selection, so there is hope for Swope. Lol!
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote