View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013   #22
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Newton Has Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Our cap cost us Ryans, Winston, Mario, and Briesel.. of those players for sure 2 we are better off without, 1 is 50/50, and Ryans is the only one I wish we could have kept..

I don't see why you think the cap problems that we lost our superbowl chances.
At the time of the trade, it was a win-win situation for both the Texans and Demeco.

From what I understand, the Texans took a $2M cap hit, but relieve themselves with $9M in salary in future years on his remaining contract.
They were able to move up 10 spots in the third (or something like that) and get another pick (4th round, I think.)

Demeco gets to play in a system that offers him much more playing time.

If not for Cushing's injury, the move would have been proven "very good" to perhaps "brilliant".

I would have loved for Ryans to remain a Texans, but you've got to do what you've got to do.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote