View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013   #9
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Flacco contract a joke?...These folks make a good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
There. Fixed it for ya. Give Stevie Wonder an M-60 and point him down range and eventually he'll get a bulls eye.

(sigh) Again, Flacco's Jersey is Purple not Red.
-His hair is dark not blond.

-His number is 5 not 16

-His name is spelled F-L-A-C-C-O and not M-O-N-T-A-N-A and is pronounced /Flah/Koh/ and not Mahn/Tah/Nah. You're not comparing "apples & oranges", you're comparing blueberries and watermelons.

Roethlisberger has played in THREE Superbowls and won two of those. Franco Harris played in FOUR and was on the winning team for all four. Joe Flacco has played in one and was victorious in that one. You should be PROUD of him and have every right to be, but the one win makes puts him in the same league as Doug Williams and Jim McMahon unless he lucks up a second time. I would have included Steve Young, but given Young's regular season career stats the comparison would be an eggregious insult to the Hall of Famer.

Your team was good (and incredibly lucky) and won the big one dude, but the post Superbowl jubilation (and obvious drug binge) that made your front office think that Flacco is worth more than Both Manning Brothers, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers AND Tom Brady will bite such a huge chunk out of your team's butt this upcomming season I'd be surprised if they MAKE the playoffs.
ha ha- thats why Flacco tied Montana with 11 TDs and 0INTS; something all those other QB's didn't do...tied Brady's record for most post-season wins in a qb's first 5 years...and has the same number of SB wins as PManning, Rodgers, Brees.....I never said he was better than Montana- I made a comparison.

Its a three year deal- disregard all the pomp and circumstance about 'highest contract in league history'....all that money that Schaub is getting and he has the same amount of wins as TJ Yates in the postseason?

As far as 'my front office' goes, there is a reason Ozzie Newsome has been in his job for 18 yrs, only Jerry Jones has a longer tenure than Ozzie as GM and you see how that has worked out for JJ in Dallas, making decisions no one else wanted make. Questioning Ozzie is a cry for help....
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote