View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Newton Has Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
The salary cap is an issue that is costing the Texans quality players simply because their rookie contracts have expired & the Texans really don't have the room to even re-sign them to fair value contracts. That's a problem IMO. The salary cap mess is real & was created by the current regime & not the old fall back excuse Casserly.
Expiring rookie contracts are only part of the reason.

Quote:
I can't recall anyone saying Kubiak needed to be fired after year 3. If I recall that was an 8-8 season. A bit of an exaggeration. Year 5, yes he should've been fired considering he had only produced 1 winning season, 0 playoff appearances, & regressed to a 6-10 season. Plenty of coaches had been fired for less...ask Wade.
There were people wanting to fire Kubiak after his first season because he didn't watch field goal attempts. There was a strong push (on the MBs) that wanted him gone after his second 8-8 season. They were tired of baby steps & felt we underachieved for the second year in a row. I think the pink soap started after his second 8-8 year.

They wanted him fired after his 9-7 year. Of course they wanted him fired after going 6-10 & felt pretty good it was going to happen. There was mourning & gnashing of teeth when McNair's decision was made public.

No, I'm not exagerating.

Quote:
Some don't believe Schaub can lead this team based on his pitiful performances this past season. It was only one season & he has shown flashes in the past, but most don't expect a slow footed aging qb to get better w/ time. It's normally the opposite & why some seem to be losing faith in him. I have my concerns, but our questions should be answered next season.