View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013   #17
greekdbag
Veteran

Rep Power: 1796 greekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Newton Has Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
The salary cap is an issue that is costing the Texans quality players simply because their rookie contracts have expired & the Texans really don't have the room to even re-sign them to fair value contracts. That's a problem IMO. The salary cap mess is real & was created by the current regime & not the old fall back excuse Casserly.

I can't recall anyone saying Kubiak needed to be fired after year 3. If I recall that was an 8-8 season. A bit of an exaggeration. Year 5, yes he should've been fired considering he had only produced 1 winning season, 0 playoff appearances, & regressed to a 6-10 season. Plenty of coaches had been fired for less...ask Wade.

Some don't believe Schaub can lead this team based on his pitiful performances this past season. It was only one season & he has shown flashes in the past, but most don't expect a slow footed aging qb to get better w/ time. It's normally the opposite & why some seem to be losing faith in him. I have my concerns, but our questions should be answered next season.
They went for broke after the 6-10 season with their jobs on the line. They knew it was going to be their last year with Mario and used a whole draft on defense pretty much along with giving big contracts to Joseph and Manning. Those contracts to Joseph and Manning have squeezed us when it comes to the cap lately. Not to mention Andre making so much also. Furthermore, paying Schaub as early as they did was idiotic. Schaub, Andre, Brown, Joseph, Arian, Antonio, Myers, OD, and Manning are all making five million or more in the future. Antonio needs to be either extended or cut. I could do without Manning. Guys like Walter and Wade Smith should be cut. Wade Smith was awful last year but I still doubt they cut him because of the continuity he brings on the line. Hopefully they let Barwin walk unless he comes back for a one year rebuild your value deal.
greekdbag is offline   Reply With Quote