View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013   #60
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans - 2.4 Million Cap Carryover for 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
So PK wants us to push about 15+ million in salary into the next 3 year's caps, and for what? To sign Quin? WTF is the point in doing all that and screwing ourselves for the next 3 years? If you want a surefire way to NOT retain Cushing, then pushing all that money to next year and beyond is the way to do it. This guy is a Titans fan, and I don't think he put enough thought into that "plan" to make it worthwhile. I could see if he thinks Cushing is worth 10m a year, and Quin is worth 5m a year, but that's just crazy talk. Cush should be locked up for about 7-10m a year, because that's about what ILBs get, but I can't see Quin warranting that much money. Even if they did that, Cush wouldn't immediately jump up to 7-10m this season, unless they wanted him to, which would be pointless IMO.
The guy is from NJ, I seriously doubt he's a Titans fan even though he covered them for a few years. Other than that, I agree with you completely. He just didn't do enough research for his article, and there is no way I'm restructuring that many guys at once.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote