View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013   #59
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans - 2.4 Million Cap Carryover for 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I'm not a cap expert either, but you're basically correct, you take a players current year's salary, convert it all but the minimum (or whatever amount) into bonus, pay it now, but spread the cap hit over the remainder of the contract. The problem isn't just dead money if the player is cut, it's the fact that his cap hit for every year in the future has now gone up in exchange for creating cap room this year. You're pretty much borrowing cap room from the future years.

I think i'ts OK to do that occasionally, but I'm definitely against restructuring 3 guys all in the same year.
it's credit card style cap management...borrowing Peter to pay Paul stuff. Dealing with your problems tomorrow instead of today.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote