View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013   #8
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Flacco contract a joke?...These folks make a good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
The column is a shot in the dark- one doesn't need a made up stat to see that Flacco's regular season was different than his post-season.

Maybe its because I am a fan of the Ravens, but I cannot understand the lack of respect for Joe as a QB around the league.

Des he throw for 5000 yds? No. Does he throw for 50 touchdowns? No. Did he win? Yes.
There. Fixed it for ya. Give Stevie Wonder an M-60 and point him down range and eventually he'll get a bulls eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hands warmer than my own
The whole "luck" thing is pretty weak argument also; was it lucky when Montana trew a ball high in the endzone and Dwight Clark caught it?
(sigh) Again, Flacco's Jersey is Purple not Red.
-His hair is dark not blond.

-His number is 5 not 16

-His name is spelled F-L-A-C-C-O and not M-O-N-T-A-N-A and is pronounced /Flah/Koh/ and not Mahn/Tah/Nah. You're not comparing "apples & oranges", you're comparing blueberries and watermelons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands warm and reaching for straws
Was it luck when Rothlisberger tripped up the Colt player afer Bettis fumbled vs Indy in te playoff game? Wasit luck when Franco Harris caught the deflection for the "Immaculate Reception"?
Roethlisberger has played in THREE Superbowls and won two of those. Franco Harris played in FOUR and was on the winning team for all four. Joe Flacco has played in one and was victorious in that one. You should be PROUD of him and have every right to be, but the one win makes puts him in the same league as Doug Williams and Jim McMahon unless he lucks up a second time. I would have included Steve Young, but given Young's regular season career stats the comparison would be an eggregious insult to the Hall of Famer.

Your team was good (and incredibly lucky) and won the big one dude, but the post Superbowl jubilation (and obvious drug binge) that made your front office think that Flacco is worth more than Both Manning Brothers, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers AND Tom Brady will bite such a huge chunk out of your team's butt this upcomming season I'd be surprised if they MAKE the playoffs.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote