View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013   #51
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans - 2.4 Million Cap Carryover for 2013

I'm not a cap expert, but I'll share what I think I know.
The NFL has a "hard" cap that a team needs to stay under (otherwise the penalty can be severe.)

The Texans, like a good majority of the league is always near that figure as they try to build a team to win.
They do restructure contracts, kicking the cans down the road; but you can't overdo it lest you becomes the US government.

To be able to get the most bang for your buck, the best way is to hit in the draft, then fill the rest of your roster with cheap FA acquisition that best fit your system; that is after you put your "master plan" in with the core players that you're comfortable with.

The problem with the Texans has been that their core players haven't been able to stay healthy as much as some of the better teams that went deep in the play-offs.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote