View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013   #36
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Matt Schaub Compendium

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Then they need to get Foster involved in the passing game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
The efficiency numbers on his catches have gone down. Had some drops but not way out of line.

Part of that is teams focusing on stopping him I think. In 2009, running game/runner as pass catcher really wasn't the most credible threat.

2010 was a revelation to teams for the Texans to go to one of the worst running teams to one of the most dominant. So then teams adjust to that.

Don't know if his finger was bothering him any with catches either. Was a little oof seeing him pop his finger back in mid-season.
Sometimes ago, I took a "not-so-in-depth" study on ball distribution, and I found that it's rather consistent through the years - if you take into account the health of AJ.

Basically, we all know that Kubiak likes to balance the running game with the passing game. When the Texans get behind in the second half, they open it up more; when they are up, they run more. That's par for the course with most teams.

In the passing game; it's AJ first, without forcing it too much.
If AJ is out, the load is spread somewhat evenly.

The TEs group, the other receivers, the guys out of the backfield all get their share.

It just so happened that the opponents went to sleep on Foster here and there, and with Casey also out for a good period of time, that he saw more balls.

This year, Foster was targeted 22 times fewer.
Basically, that's only about 1.375 per game.
With AJ and Casey healthy; I don't see anything wrong with it.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote