View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013   #31
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The rule changes?......they're all about putting up a facade defense against lawsuits...........it has nothing to do with sincerely wanting to prevent player injuries........for the players' sake. If a player is saved an injury........that's just gravy.
Partially agree here.

I think he has a bit of a savior complex. If he becomes the commissioner who is remembered for saving the health of NFL players, going against the grain of most fans' desire to let the game stay edgy, he solidifies himself as a pioneer.

A person obsessed with "legacy" will do anything to get there. It is my opinion that he is, as you say, "Putting up a legal strategy," but I also think he really thinks this is his ticket to hero status.

So he's compelled to do it AND he wants to do it. A dangerous combination. Then he extends this line of thinking to other areas: His obscene "player fines and suspension" system, the toying with the concept if kickoff changes, the idea of more reg season games, on and on....

And just last year I thought people were being overly harsh in regards to their criticism of him. I've come around.