View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013   #49
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans - 2.4 Million Cap Carryover for 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I'm not a fan of restructuring every contract you can and pushing the cap hit into the future years. It's like getting out of college and maxing out your credit cards... Getting screwed for years. Restructuring one contract if it was built with that intent in the first place is one thing, but doing that with every contract you can is not good GM'ing...
in the nfl, sure it is. Keep pushing Ajs deal and Smiths deal so you never have to pay them that big sum against the cap. Smith could be cut in a few years and AJ will retire in a few years. As for JJo, that one will be tricky.

And I like the idea of locking up Cushing, but I feel he may want to play a year before getting a deal, hed be worth a lot less if signed now