View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013   #48
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans - 2.4 Million Cap Carryover for 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...houston-texans

A link to another talking heads solution to our salary cap woes. It seems simple enough & I agree w/ most of it. Especially cutting Walter & allowing Cody to walk. Im sure there is more to it then what this writeup suggests, but the restructuring is something that is being reported by multiple teams daily to free up salary cap space. Teams that have salary cap issues, similar to the Texans, seem to be active & yes I realize we don't know what they are doing behind closed doors, but if they were serious about keeping Quin, Casey, or Barwin then you would think the Texans would be working quickly to create space before they hit the open market. I'm not for overpaying a player, but I wouldn't mind some activity being reported that they are freeing up money that gives us hope that attempts are being made to keep a key player or 2.
I'm not a fan of restructuring every contract you can and pushing the cap hit into the future years. It's like getting out of college and maxing out your credit cards... Getting screwed for years. Restructuring one contract if it was built with that intent in the first place is one thing, but doing that with every contract you can is not good GM'ing...
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote