View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013   #10
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28283 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Season Tix - 118 BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
If a grocer, gas jockey, or furniture pitch man tried to sell me something for 40% over retail you're damn right I'd call them scalpers. I don't begrudge someone making a buck, I'm in sales, but that's just absurd and I hope he fails spectacularly.
Retail is the price available to general public walking in off the street. Face value for Texans tickets is wholesale price - only available to those who have gone to the effort and expense of establishing a business relationship (PSL ownership or season ticket holder for upper deck) with the Texans.

Good luck finding goods and services for less than a 40% markup. Most will be over 100%. That $1199 item at the furniture store - they probably paid the manufacturer closer to $300 than $400 for it. (But if the item isn't selling maybe you can get it after they mark it down to $599). It is not all profit - they have to pay salaries, rent, electric, and sponsor Little League teams.

Unless what you sell it very expensive I serious doubt that your full list price is less than 40% more than your wholesale price. I don't feel that makes you an absurd scalper even though you seem to think it does.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote