View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013   #6
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Newton Has Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Good teams find ways to keep good players. The Texans, mainly Rick Smith, have done a horrible job in regard to the salary cap. Not only have we lost tons of talent over the past few off-seasons but he over-pays for Matt Schaub and Arian Foster -- when there was absolutely no reason to extend them to rich contracts as soon as he did.
I disagree, good teams find ways to keep good players while letting other good players go. Last year we let go of Mario, Demeco, Winston, Briesel, and Jones.

Mario hasn't lived up to his contract. Demeco may be cut from Philly, Winston was cut, Briesel restructured, Jones I don't want to ever see in a Texans jersey again. Foster was on an undrafted free agent contract for 3 years and was coming into a contract year. He signed a very fair deal and to say there was no reason to do so is ignorant at best. Matt Schaub you can argue but we all just saw Flacco become the richest player in NFL history and 6 months ago no Texans fan would have traded Schaub for Flacco straight up.

It's easy to play captain hindsight but in my opinion Rick has done a great job of keeping key players while letting others walk. A sign of a good team is letting good talent walk instead of over paying.