View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shane Lechler wants to be a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
81 for 3826 47.2 avg 37 YOA this August= Shane Lechler
88 for 4150 47.2 avg 32 YOA this July= Donnie Jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Their numbers were pretty similar, but Jones was rated #1 in 2012 by PFF while Lechler was rated #14 out of 40 total Ps.

Jones was a much better deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
Donnie Jones was one of the top punters last season.

Lechler and Jones had the same gross punt average (yes i know Lechlers foot is stronger, but rarely do you need to kick it more than 50 yards without a touch-back). Jones had much better placement inside the 20.

Unless the dollars are equal, resign what you have.
I remember on more than one occasion Jones punting like crap in crucial/pressure situations/deep in our end of the field when we really needed a big punt. My memory may a bit fuzzy but for some reason that is sticking out to me. Stats may average out things, but give me Lechler any day for the right price.