View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153912 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Matt Schaub Compendium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Check out the injury reports over the course of the season. Normal, normal, then explodes after the Detroit game. Too many quarters of football in too few days. We can say, hey, dude, it is your job, tough that out, but JAX/DET is some big boy football even if they aren't the greatest teams.

The snap counts after that are scary. Like seeing how many snaps Andrew Gardner got in the Patriots game. You can go all, next man up and all, but hard to see that after you have been used to your offensive linemen being inked into the lineup.

Brandon Brooks snap counts went up which was good and bad. Good in getting real game experience, bad in having to rely on a noob in key spots.

Will be VERY interested to see his progress from year 1 to 2. When he came to the Texans, he didn't know he'd be not playing for a road grader team. So for a big boy, he really needed to transform his body into a fitter dude.

He probably struggled in camp more than any player I can recall. You know, having to leave the field right before a play because he puked while in his stance.

Offensive lineman can't be that guy because they can't tap out no matter how long the drive. Rotational oline is not the ideal.

So it will be interesting to see his fitness this off-season. /Also interesting to see if the Texans finally cave in bringing a higher pick big boy DT into camp. Saints have those cheeseburger guys in their hot camps, but the Texans haven't had good fortune with them or made it a priority.

/a digression
Steph best work you've ever done! I wished you had included some of the info in the post I quote on your blog piece. Newton's injury + shuffle at right guard are rarely mentioned; some don't know about Derek and some had forgotten when I mentioned it. What you did not mention was Matt seemed to totally "lose it" in GB game when he threw the INT. He psyched out. That play may have been "mental" as McNair mentions but that just means he over looked something or should have held on to the ball or thrown it away. What I am talking about is after that play he just looked shell shocked. IMO, the weight of being so close and then seeing things spiral out of control zoned him out. I have never been one to give QB glory he does not earn or blame when game is an L. We've seen too many WRs and TEs drop passes or OL like Brown miss a block or Wade Smith get spun round like a record baby right round. It is not all on Matt but he carries our pride in his hands and feet. I don't buy any physical left overs from Lizzy Francis as Matt looked great too much of year for that. Bad news is too many little things went squirrely. Good news is Texans should have another very good season. Great? That depends on how the off season goes.

Josh Eye knees? Kiss our Heinees!