View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Matt Schaub Compendium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Check out the injury reports over the course of the season. Normal, normal, then explodes after the Detroit game. Too many quarters of football in too few days. We can say, hey, dude, it is your job, tough that out, but JAX/DET is some big boy football even if they aren't the greatest teams.

The snap counts after that are scary. Like seeing how many snaps Andrew Gardner got in the Patriots game. You can go all, next man up and all, but hard to see that after you have been used to your offensive linemen being inked into the lineup.

Brandon Brooks snap counts went up which was good and bad. Good in getting real game experience, bad in having to rely on a noob in key spots.

Will be VERY interested to see his progress from year 1 to 2. When he came to the Texans, he didn't know he'd be not playing for a road grader team. So for a big boy, he really needed to transform his body into a fitter dude.

He probably struggled in camp more than any player I can recall. You know, having to leave the field right before a play because he puked while in his stance.

Offensive lineman can't be that guy because they can't tap out no matter how long the drive. Rotational oline is not the ideal.

So it will be interesting to see his fitness this off-season. /Also interesting to see if the Texans finally cave in bringing a higher pick big boy DT into camp. Saints have those cheeseburger guys in their hot camps, but the Texans haven't had good fortune with them or made it a priority.

/a digression
I wonder if there's a trend like this with other teams as well? Every team plays one Thursday game a year, but I wonder if those that had a Thursday game late in the season suffered more injuries than those who had it earlier? None of them played two OT games in a row though. May try to do some research on this topic this weekend if I have the chance.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote