View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013   #10
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Matt Schaub Compendium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
McNair really framed it with this quote.

Schaub has the talent, potential, and physical tools needed to win it all.

What will stop him from doing so is between his ears, which is exactly what McNair is talking about.

If you believe Schaub will or will not is subjective. We all have our opinions on it.

But he certainly has the potential to do it, just has to actually do it now.
And the thing is, I wish it was just something where it was mental and with more experience he gets over it. But mental stuff doesn't always work that way.

And McNair's odd comment about footspeed makes it sound partly a matter of trust, but partially also a physical thing. I watched his off-season rehab where he was working on a lot of footwork speed stuff. Was there a physical issue part of the season, the whole season? He didn't have to do much most of the early season because the defense was good then.

From a subjective eye-test view, the things I think that Schaub is normally pretty good with were things he didn't look good at by the end of the season. For whatever reasons. The question is whether this is a temp thing or things to come. End of season Schaub did not look like the whole "Same Ole Schaub" stuff that fans say every time there is a loss over the years. The numbers showed that there was something markedly different for him and the offense as a group.