View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Matt Schaub Compendium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You must have spent a lot of time on that piece, TC.

Good job as usual; I enjoyed reading it.
Will have to come back to read it again later.
Thanks.
Actually, the thought time about the piece took longer than the actual writing. I had a hard time figuring out how to organize it. Probably was the hardest piece of writing I've done in a few years but I figured it was worth doing. So much of the commentary conflates facts with speculation, and it got really emotional, and so I wanted to separate those things a bit.

We felt that the end of 2012 was weird. And it was weird, not just for the team but for Schaub and for Kubiak's offense.

And I think it is important to look at the run trends too. I didn't pull those figures out separately, but the short distance run blocking went very south this season--that to me was a bigger concern than the over run numbers, which by conventional measurement numbers looked OK.