View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013   #33
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you be mad if the Texans drafted the top rated Safety

I would have no problem at all. We have to remember we had some major issues against teams who ran the spread so we're going to see that formation a lot. The top contenders in our conference run similar formations which means that safety may be on the field more times than not. I don't think of DB's only go with the mind the starters are the first two CB's and first two Safties because of all the spread formations. By second down, you're moving into nickle if not a dime/sub package.

That makes depth in the secondary highly vital. On top of this safeties are one of the positions that gets wore down quite a bit. Manning did play in the box when with the Bears so we're talking two safeties (if Quin is retained) that have been in the trenches and Wade likes using them in sub packages like another linebacker. That's some wear and tear for ya. You need bodies and flexibility to continue this way unless Wade adjusts his defense (which I hope).

So safety wouldn't be a bad choice. Plus our safety play wasn't a real highlight last year. It was...adequate.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote