View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Eric Winston released by Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i understand defending a texan or deriding what could be a bad idea, but newton was bad last year. his poor play and inconsistency very much contributed to our problems late in the year offensively.

one player is being supported as "he's not THAT bad", while the other is a probowler and graded among the tops at his position being ridden down as "not THAT good".
Don't forget, Newton didn't play much at all his rookie season, this is pretty much the first extended action he got. Down the stretch, he was not 100% & we really don't know how bad the knee was.

Inconsistency is something we should expect from all our young players. With time, we hope that works out.

Again, I'm not tooting the Texans' horn, I'm not defending the Texans' decisions. I don't know that Newton is the long term answer, but RT has been the weakest spot (imo & I've said so many times before 2012) on our OL for years.