View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Eric Winston released by Chiefs

I hate to say I told you so & toot my own horn, but I know damn well, no one else is going to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If I remember right, we were paying Winston $5M/yr. I didn't think he was worth it. I don't think he is worth it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs manage to acquire Joekel, & replace Winston.

Winston was what? A 6th year player & most likely led the team in false starts. He's a fine pass protector when going against your powerful strongside DEs (like a Mario Williams) but against a quicker, Freeny type, or a quick/explosive guy like Clay Matthews, he's like a wet paper sack. On the playside of a run..... I don't know there's a better tackle save maybe DBrown76. On the backside, lots of room for improvement. He didn't flat out suck.. but nowhere near where he should be.
It makes absolutely zero sense for the Texans to bring Winston back. Everyone is acting like he was an All-Pro from day one, when he never was at any point in his time here. He's a one trick pony & we need to get better at that position, not go backwards.

Derek Newton may not be the answer, but in my humble opinion he was much better in his rookie season than Eric Winston was in his first three seasons.