View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013   #35
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eric Winston released by Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Scooter, also, I just reread all of the ReFocus pieces from PFF, and Newton was only mentioned negatively in 3 early games (Dolphins, Broncos, Packers) and in one loss to the Pats. All these teams have very good to great edge players. The good thing is that Newton seems to improve.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-south/texans/
a little vague bud, not being mentioned as a negative isnt a positive. as for improving, he certainly did. my unprofessional opinion says his improvement showed us where his ceiling is, and it's a swing tackle. i understand defending a texan or deriding what could be a bad idea, but newton was bad last year. his poor play and inconsistency very much contributed to our problems late in the year offensively.

one player is being supported as "he's not THAT bad", while the other is a probowler and graded among the tops at his position being ridden down as "not THAT good".