View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Path of NFL to Los Angeles Following Same Ugly History

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
Metro LA is like 20 million, and what's Jacksonville metro, or Nashville, or Buffalo, 1 million ? Unbelievable.
i went through jacksonville for the first time the week before last on my way to the daytona 500 and my first thought was "this city has a football team?". i'm not surprised in the least that they cant fill the stadium. it seems that there are suburbs of houston that are bigger.

that being said, that tiny city still has more support for a football team than you'll get from the 20mil in LA. they just dont care. despite producing a huge number of athletes, the fandom in LA just isnt there and couldnt care less about supporting an NFL team. being a major tv market has no bearing on filling the seats.