View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #29
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ProFootballFocus FA safety ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I won't lie. I'm a fan.

He gets his hands on more balls () than anyone on the team save Jj Watt & Kareem. I like to think it's because his coverage is that tight, that he can actually challenge a ball in the air, or knock it out of the receivers hands.

I like that he'll take on an offensive lineman that outweighs him by a hundred pounds & clog a hole if he doesn't beat the guy. I like that his tackles in run support are at the LOS, or pretty close.

I think he's a hardnosed, blue collar type.... Brieselish if you will.

So yeah, I'm a little biased, maybe full homer.

But I still don't want to overpay (> $5M/yr)
I am very much w/ you on this one. I'm a fan of Quin because he is solid & for the most part very dependable on the backend. He's young & still has room to develop as a safety considering he has only played the position 2 years & faired pretty well in that short amount of time. I unfortunately believe that once again we Texan fans are shortchanging one of our better players & foolishly over criticizing him to convince ourselves that he won't be much of a lose if he is not to return. That was a foolish mistake made in the past w/ players such as Dunta, DeMeco, Winston, Briesel, & Dreesen. I read over & over about how those players being lost wouldn't be much of an impact on the Texans & that was completely false. This seems like a replay of all those from the past & in the end we regretted the lose of them...I think this story may play out in the same fashion. I am a fan of Quin's because he does have some talent & room to grow & I believe there are other teams who will believe the same as the Texans will be left with yet another hole that will surely be filled by a lesser player for at least a year or 2.

I've never been much of the "bash the ex-Texan just because Rick won't pay them" type of guy & it doesn't look like it will change any time soon. Once again, the fact that we still have Walter on this team & potentially could lose Quin...in all honesty...disgusts me.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote