View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004   #11
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 52681 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RB could be our Achilles' heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I'm a little freaked on our back situation. Not much, but a little. Everything needs to break right or we will struggle. If Dom Davis can't hold up to the day-in day-out pounding & Hollings drops the ball like Travis Henry and Tiki Barber we will not win consistantly. What we have are two feature backs that have yet to play an entire NFL season and prove they are past their individual knocks. This season will tell clearly let us know if we need to draft another back with an early pick next year. I don't think we will, but if we do, it will be plain as day by the end of the year.
This is a tad of the subject, but I feel compelled to defend Travis Henry a little. The reason Henry has had fumbling problems is because he fights so darn hard for extra yards after contact. Tiki is just a fumbler and Hollings was just a fumbler Saturday.

Hollings is still learning- the truth is, if the OL is as good as it looks like it might be, we will have a solid running game- regardless of who's out there.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote