View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #91
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What I am looking at, feedback appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
BB (and all), where do you see the big guy Jenkins from Georgia at this moment?

What range of the draft?
I am sure most have John Jenkins rated higher than me; I know CBS does at high second round. I do not want him for Texans, period. Looking back over my evaluations of him during the season, he just did not appear to be a factor. This from Mayock:

NFL Network's Mike Mayock called Georgia NT John Jenkins' hot-and-cold motor the biggest concern for Jenkins' NFL outlook."When he's healthy, when he's not winded, when he turns that motor on, it's special," Mayock said. "And you want him to be your 3-4 nose tackle or your nose shade in the 4-3. You want this kid as a two-gapping run stuffer. You want him pushing the pocket. But too often, you don't see that." Motor is often a concern for mammoth defensive linemen. Jenkins weighed in at an unruly 6-foot-3 7/8 and 359 pounds this week. Jan 24 - 3:18 PM

76 I do know others rated him high after senior bowl and I evaluated as "FAT, SLOW". I guess if you can convince the opponent to run the play at him, he would be ok. He will go higher but I rate him just above Montori Hughes (skills- not head) in 4th. Another issue is his weight. IIRC, he blossomed up to 370 before dieting. I hope Prisco is correct and he goes #17 and pushes someone down.