View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #24
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ProFootballFocus FA safety ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I think this is my difficulty with figuring out where Quin ranks. There are some guys that I would definitely put ahead of him, but then there is this mass of players that are all kind of middle tier average to slightly above average kind of guys. So I could conceivably understand an argument that put Quin at the 5th best safety, even if he was tied with a dozen guys LOL.

I'm not saying that he's a top 5. As I said in another thread, I don't really know where to rank him. I see four or five guys I'd rank ahead of him, but then I see a bunch of guys I rank him even with. Safety play isn't something I watch a lot of on other teams though, so there you go.
Are you speaking of the safety position in general, or just among free agents? Because if we are talking across the league, I can think of plenty of guys I would rather have than Quin. Now if you want to get more deep and say specifically SS types that can cover and play up in the box on run situations, then we might get him closer to top 5 territory, but even then I think it's a stretch to get him that high.