View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #6
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40659 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Antonio Smith Interview (Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't know if it's a philosophy. We've been bringing receivers in here from Day one. Walter, Moulds, Davis, Jacoby, Jean, Dickerson, Maehl (sp).....

I know people will gripe about the caliber of players we've brought in to take that spot, but fixing the defense has been the priority & from what I remember we were all on board at the time. We've focused on offense a time or two, or three..... A 3rd round pick for Charles Spencer, a 3rd round pick for Winston, Matt Schaub was two 2nd round picks, Jacoby was a 3rd, Wade Smith was our big FA that offseason, a 3rd round pick for Andre Caldwell, Tate was a 2nd round pick, Duane Brown was a first round pick, Steve Slaton was a 3rd round, resigning Chris Myers, a third for Devier Posey, a third for Brandon Brooks.

I don't think there are many here that would argue Walter wasn't the best of the bunch. I would bet I'm the only one who advocated keeping Jacoby over Walter. I can't think of all the FA WRs we've had come through here, but again.... who should we have kept other than Walter?? Personally I think several of them (including the ones we drafted) had the potential to be a #2, just didn't happen for one reason or another.

Yeah, we should have brought Brandon Lloyd here. We should have taken a chance on Randy Moss, probably should have gotten Ocho Cinco, Mario Manningham, Wes Welker... but I'm sure the Texans had their reasons for going the way they did. I'm not saying that I agree with those decisions, I'm just saying I don't think it's Kubiak's philosophy that Walter's blocking is more important than a receivers production in the passing game.
Ill give Gary the benefit of the doubt in previous years because the team had more pressing needs than wide out, but now wide out is our pressing need and he needs to show the ability to pick an immediate impact player