View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ProFootballFocus FA safety ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
You can argue the merits of any of those above him but you gotta admit, the list of players under him are largely "just a guys". Quin is an OK player...but he's nothing special.
The safety position is the NFL is largely "Just Guys" with a few standouts. I'd be willing to bet money that a team that plays man coverage in their secondary (Like the Bengals) is going to take a relatively long and hard look at Glover Quin to replace their SS (who is rated higher than Quin is).

Maybe I'm wrong and none of the teams in the NFL would give Quin the time of day to be a starter. However I see three maybe four guys on that list who people could argue are more desirable SS's.

William Moore
Dashon Goldson
Kenny Phillips (maybe)
George Wilson