View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you be mad if the Texans drafted the top rated Safety

This team has to get Brian Cushing or JJ Watt-type starting-caliber players in the 1st round.

We pretty much have to make a pick #27 that halfway through the season all of the media talking heads are saying that our #27 pick should have been the 1st overall pick in the draft (a.k.a JJ Watt caliber).

I think all of us should be honest that last year's Mericuls pick in round 1 is shaky right now...will he explode into domination in his sophomore year, or will he be another almost-was-but-won't-quite-be player like Amobi? Honestly, if he wasn't cracking the starting rotation during a year that saw practically every LB go down to injury...what does that say about his potential? Because our defense doesn't need 1st rounders who are more like a more-talented 3rd rounder. Know what I'm saying? JJ Watt has spoiled us, in a way. We see that our team CAN draft a first rounder who plays like a first rounder right out of the gate.

And so for me, whatever player or position that is, doesn't matter to me. I want us to hit a home run with our 1st round pick and be prudent and wise with rounds 2, 3, and 4. The later rounds of 5, 6, and 7 are a crap shoot.

If we continue to draft well in round 1, and make solid choices in rounds 2, 3, and 4. I'll be happy.

I don't want to see any Jacoby Jones or Amobi Okoye type "project" picks. We have arguably the best team in the AFC South. The way you stay there is by picking wisely and stocking the shelves....while your div rivals reach and make bad decisions.

Then again, we have a situation at QB that frankly might make render useless ANY great draft choices we make if Andrew Luck continues to grow. He's got age AND talent level on his side, tbh. Better damn sure improve the defense in order to keep pace. Yeah, we're there again: Trying to stop a Colts offense. Ugh.