View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: ProFootballFocus FA safety ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
OK; I haven't watched him play lately (Byrd) so I don't know what to make of that.

It doesn't mean he can't play the same position Quin played though.
He was a CB in college and a physical one at that.
Still, you're comparing two players because their both classified as "Safeties" & they go about playing the game totally different. Quin plays like a SS (I don't know it he's listed as a SS, but that's what he plays) & Byrd is a FS.

If you're a team that favors the SS (like the Texans in the past) then you're going to rank Quin higher than Byrd. If you're a team that favors FS, then you'll rank Byrd higher.

Manning is also a "good" cover safety who plays physical, but I don't think he would be as good as Quin playing in the box as much as Quin does, manning up as much as Quin does. I'd prefer if Manning was allowed to roam in deep space, which I think he is much better at.