View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #65
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Franchise deadline almost here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
The pass blocking wasn't nearly as efficient either. Im almost positive that I've seen you use the right side & specifically Newton as an excuse to defend Schaub's poor play.
This is true. After the injury, I was not so big on Newton. He gave up too much ground too early..... before contact & I believe was the primary reason Schaub felt rushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I don't recall Winston being used a Schaub's scapegoat in the past so how was the pass blocking just as good if you feel the need to blame the RT for the qb's shortcomings...doesn't quite add up. Is it the RT the problem or not or is it whatever fits the occasion? I believe it's a combination of poor qb & RT play to be honest, but Newton is young & has time to get better. I'm not sure the same can be said about the qb, but that's for another thread. Either way, we will agree to disagree because Newton is not on Winston's level just yet.
I've complained about Winston's pass blocking, backside run play, & penalties for quite sometime.