View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which guys are locks for the first round to you and which guys are borderline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
If he isn't, I am & I would be willing to bet so are the Texans. I truly doubt he is an option for them. This kid is nothing but a knucklehead IMO. He's not someone who has made mistakes early & turned it around to redeem himself. No, this goofball decides to go & get a DUI right before he goes to the biggest job interview(NFL Combine) of his life. Not very smart & not worth the risk, IMO, if he doesn't at least have enough sense to steer clear of trouble before the combine. He is Cowturd, Raider, Bengal, or Jets material w/ that kind of track record.
Man, what a waste!

I've been watching his tapes (2 games at the end of last season and 5 games this year) and he has a lot of potential.

There were some inconsistency when he first came back (after the injury and the suspension), but the good plays were still there.

What I like the most (that I don't hear enough from draftniks) is his coverage skills - next to his versatility as either an ILB or OLB in the 3-4.

In his first game back (I think) against Tyler Bray and the Vols, he had his hands on the ball 5 or 6 times (don't know why he was credited for only 2). His ball skill as a former safety was quite evident.

I think I'll take a flier on him if I was Rick Smith.
He would fit the Texans scheme very nicely, having played in a similar defense and coverage scheme as Wade's.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote