View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reasonable price for Barwin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
And once again, by your sites own admission the rating does not tell the whole story. I'm a big stats guy myself & believe for the most part the numbers do tell the story, BUT in this case I have a very hard time believing players such as Nading & Victor Butler are ranked higher then the likes of Van den Boche( I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong...sorry), Cliff Avril, & yes Barwin. That rating system seems a bit skewed to say the least because I would take the latter 3 over Nading.
I don't endorse PFF, but I have to admit they are not the worst site out there.
They have improved their grading over the years.
There are still instances when I don't agree (mainly when they can only guess what a particular player was supposed to do on any given play,) but at the very least, they attempt to "grade" the players on every snap and record the grades.

Obviously, with a guy like Nading and all of his 22 snaps, you just have to disregard him altogether.

VB played as a sub and so you have to take that into consideration.

I think Vandebosch has been injured off and on for the last few years; it's not surprising that his plays tailed off.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote