View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ProFootballFocus FA safety ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Well considering by your sites own disclaimer, the rating doesn't tell the whole story. There are plenty of names on that list ahead of Quin who are not quite as good or as young as Quin IMO. Especially if you consider a player such as Chung who wasn't even starting at the end of the season for his respective team.

I obviously believe he is higher then #18 & ultimately I believe he should be paid less then Manning, in the $3-4M/year range possibly. I wouldn't be surprised if someone offered him more because just as the Texans did w/ Manning, who wasn't a starter in Chicago, someone will pay a bit more for potential & youth. The difference is Quin is a starter while Manning never was for a long duration w/ the Bears.
While the $3-4M salary range is in line with a player of Quin's experience, I can't say that his play deserves it.

The Bears wanted Manning to play at CB, especially at the nickel position (kinda like Quin) and also to return kick; so he wasn't listed as a starter in 08; otherwise, he's a starter since his rookie year. I would say when they moved him to safety full-time, he became the glue of that defense; why the Texans had to offer him so much money to land him.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote