View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eagles to Release Asomugha

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I read somewhere that opposing QBs had a rating of 120.6 this season when targeting him.
He was in a bad way in Philly.

Reports/rumors state that he would go out to his car and eat his food in his car rather than be around the team. If true, that tells us that he was miserable and his play on the field was a reflection of that unhappiness. IMO.

I don't know why, and frankly it doesn't matter, but the truth is that he was very good prior to going to Philly...and with how it fell apart for him, who knows if he's completely broken or just in a funk from a mindset perspective.

Another thing, which I know you know, is that he was not in a good defensive scheme for his purported strong-suit in terms of his favored style of coverage. I think that Philly team is really messed up, much like the Jets. There's a dysfunction there, and I don't know that Chip Kelly can turn that ship, honestly.