View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013   #78
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reasonable price for Barwin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't think it matters what we pay Barwin as far as Watt is concerned. He's going to be looking at Mario's 6/$96M ($50M guaranteed). Factor in 2 years for inflation (if Watt's on a 4 year deal) He's going to be looking for more than $50M guaranteed, more than $100M
Oh yeah, mario's last way of putting the screws to houston. Mario definitely drove up the price tag for Watt & as most of us can now acknowledge...Mario is nothing compared to Watt. The Bills grossly overpaid for Mario & just like Dunta I expect Mario to be a salary cap casualty in 2-3 yrs based on his lack of production. Watt could easily set a new mark on top salaries if he continues to produce at or around his current level.

Concerning Barwin, this is what bothers me...the NFL Network is reporting that Barwin is willing to sign at a discount w/ a Super Bowl contender, so what does that say about what he believes the Texans are capable of if he chose not to sign at a discount here & wants to test the market? That bothers me that 1 of our own players isn't willing to give a discount to the Texans, but on record saying he will for a Super Bowl contender. I do agree Barwin seems to be gone, but it seems to be by his own doing if he is choosing not to take a discount for the Texans.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote